Thursday, June 4, 2009

What’s in a name?


Ash Tree Creations -

So I came up with this name about a year ago, and it was after much much much thought and consideration. I wanted a name that would be me - so what better way to do this than to take the literal meaning of my name, "Ashley", which means "From the Ash Tree Meadow"?

I still love the name. My work is still earthy and rustic, focusing on the natural beauty of stones, shells, sea glass, etc. I also deal with a lot of symbolism in my jewelry pieces, especially the embroidered jewelry. So Ash Tree -It's simple, grounding, and completely me.

However, now being in business for a year and looking back, the "Creations" sounds too cutesy and like I make cute little things for cute little fairs. Irritating. So I wanted to switch recently to "Design", but I think that's like a graphic design company somewhere or something. So I'm not sure - maybe I should just stick to what inspired me originally, which was "From the Ash Tree Meadow".

I think I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about how people start their businesses and come up with names ... mine isn't very original - Jessica Torres Photography. But I was afraid to pick something that I would change my mind about later (same reason why I can't get a tattoo - I change my mind constantly! :-) )

    ReplyDelete

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin