Thursday, June 4, 2009

Intention of The Ash Tree *Design* Blog

So I wanted to elaborate on some of the concepts driving my company. This blog all about a culminating art student’s development; I wanted to shed some light on my process and why I do what I do.

When it comes to my art, I have to say that I am a realist. I love portraying people and faces, and I have experience with many different media, including oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastel, and charcoal. However, I am flexible, as I have also completed landscapes or architectural images for commissions (I did this great pencil drawing of a newlywed's house that was made into stationary for a wedding gift!).

Art makes me happy, it always has - you know that you love something when you are the happiest when doing it, or doing it relaxes you after a horrible day. Based on this, I decided to go to art school, and picked the Museum School of Fine Arts, Boston, because of its affiliation with the prestigeous Tufts University and joint programs - I'm a big academic.

That being said, I love to learn and generate new ideas, try new media, and tackle unfamiliar subject matter - I LOVE a challenge!! I have a ridiculous "I can do it!" attitude, no matter what the project. So this blog is a means to keep track of them and allow my customers and potential clients to better understand what's going on in my head. Scary, I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin