Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dyed Howlite Bracelet


Newly listed item on etsy - Howlite Bracelet! After making a few earrings out of this simulated turquoise stone, which is actually dyed howlite, I was left with four - and wanted to make a bracelet. It was definitely a challenge to do, as the stones are large and heavier, so putting them on any wrist can be a difficult fit.

After fooling around with too many jump rings in between each stone, I finally just connected them to each other, and it made a huge difference. I compensated the length with a jump-ring chain, so that it can fit anybody's wrist. I also chose to use a lobster clasp instead of my go-to toggle, because I was afraid that the bracelet's weight may cause it to be more susceptible to fall off.

This was also my first time working with such thick silver plate wire - I believe that it is 16 gauge - but it looks great with the blue. I also discovered that the boat is the best place to photograph jewelry. Look at these images!! I was on the boat creating, and brought my camera, so I figured I'd take some images. And whoa. The key is that the inside of the boat, right above each photograph, are 3 huge windows. The sunlight wasn't shining right into them because it was afternoon, but I got great, diffused light to take the pictures with. My mom's lime-green mats didn't hurt as a background, either :)

I'm on a jewelry bend. I've stopped for too long, so now its all coming out. So stay tuned for more pieces!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin