Wednesday, July 8, 2009

December 2008

This is the time that I consider to be the true birth of my Jewelry Business. Everything I was making and preparing for had finally come to a head, and I was getting my first sales and recognition as a business.

Mom hosted a jewelry party a few weeks before Christmas, and invited all of our closest friends and family to pick out gifts for others (or themselves :) It was a great success, and I was so moved as to how supportive these people could be. I had the far-off goal to study abroad, and parties like this might make it possible.

We also took part in the SJS Christmas Bazaar; that is, my old elementary school. I had themed embroidery necklaces with gingerbread men or snowflakes that were a big hit, and the always-affordable earrings at $10 sold really well.

This year, we may host another party, as I will be returning from Italy on December 14th, 2009. I'm also studying jewelry in Florence, so I may come back with all kinds of goodies. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin