Monday, August 1, 2011

Wedding Calligraphy at My Best Friend's Wedding

Calligraphy for Sweetheart Table, $2 each. Photo Credit: Acromatico Photography
As a wedding calligrapher, it's not often that I get to see my work after it's completed and handed off to the bride...so you can imagine how great it is to be able to see what I've done become a part of the wedding it was designed and made for.

Calligraphy Signage, $2 ea. Photo Credit: Acromatico
Here are some great photos from Tiffany's wedding provided by her amazing photographers, Acromatico Photography. I pulled these images from their blog post on her wedding, and as photographers go I would highly recommend working with them if your wedding is in the Florida area. You can visit their website to read more about them and the work that they do.

In these images, you can see a sign I wrote that says "Brush the Beach Off Your Feet", which was placed inside a small basket of brushes tied with ribbon outside the reception. Tiffany did this because the wedding venue was right on the beach, and should guests decide to take a stroll on the beach, they could "brush off the beach" before putting their shoes back on or coming back into the party - love it!

The other images are calligraphy for table cards that I wrote out for the reception themselves. Using sepia calligraphy ink - which is a deep brown color - on ivory scalloped cards, I wrote out table numbers that graced each table next to an orange and green centerpiece. I used a quill and ink well, and the calligraphy nib was the thickest you could get at C-1: perfect for large writing on these cards!

My favorite card, however, was the "Mr. and Mrs. Horton" that I wrote out for the Sweetheart table, which was where Tiffany and Brendan had their first dinner as a married couple. This card (first image), as all the table cards with numbers, was held up by wire holders hand-wrapped around smooth river rocks by Tiffany herself.
Calligraphy for Table Numbers, $2 each. Photo Credit: Acromatico Photography

To see more images of this orange and green wedding, please visit the Acromatico Photography post, "Tiffany and Brendan Delray Beach Club Wedding".

And if you are in need of calligraphy for your big day, contact me to get started - we'll make your reception beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! So cute and a great idea to "brush the beach off your feet" I'm excited to look through more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauren! Hope to hear more from you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin