Monday, May 24, 2010

Graduation from Tufts University and the Museum School of Fine Arts


Well, it finally happened. After four years of some of the best experiences and learning of my life, I officially became a college graduate yesterday, May 23rd 2010. I can't believe that it's actually over - that 16 years of education has come to an end (for now...maybe ;)

I've learned so much about myself and what I can do. I have started my own wedding calligraphy business, which has seriously taken off in the past few months. I currently hold a Marketing Associate position with Boston Logic, which was the location of my internship for my last Entrepreneurial Leadership Minor credit. I've applied the Search Engine Optimization practices that I've learned here to my own blog and website.

I've designed and sold countless pieces of handmade jewelry, and innovated recycled sail products that have been quite successful products of sale on my website. I also learned how to make handmade books and journals, and am excited about this new direction - as well as all the creative paths I have yet to discover.

So what does the future hold? I don't know. Does anyone, really? I am looking into constructing a gallery out of a family friend's barn, which could bring art and great culture to my hometown of Weymouth, MA. I want to expand my calligraphy, including raising prices a bit to compensate for my growth and the receipt of my newly received Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (p.s., there's still time to apply for my free wedding calligraphy giveaway, expiring June 31st!).

All I know now is that I feel accomplished. And yes, it is an ending. But it is also a beginning full of possibilities, and I'm excited to show this world what I can do.


Read Mom's reflections here.
4CE493C53K75

1 comment:

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin