Monday, May 3, 2010

Freshwater Pearl and Chain Bracelet

New listed item on etsy! Check out my Freshwater Pearl and Chain Bracelet.

It's been a while since I've designed a new bracelet, and I found some inspiration in VOGUE magazine and decided to try my hand at this look! I always like flipping through fashion mags to find inspiration: and consider it a creative challenge to recreate pieces so that the general concept can be interpreted in a more affordable medium.

The piece that I saw I think had glass beads in a chrome color, so I took black freshwater pearls and strung them together with silver-plate wire. Then I cut up silver-plated chain and suspended it beneath each pearl. The resulting piece is gorgeous, and reminiscent of a chandelier. It's gorgeous when dangling, and I have to admit to wearing it like all the time :)

I have it as a lobster claw now, because I was out of toggles: but I think toggles will work. The lobster's perfect, though, because I can just slip it on and off and I know it won't go anywhere. (I'm famous for gesticulating!)


I've just purchased a bunch of different round beads that I want to try with this look. So check back! And don't forget - you can buy this and all other jewelry pieces at my sidewalk sale this weekend, Friday and Saturday, May 7th and 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin