Friday, March 5, 2010

1940s Movie Star Blank Handmade Notecards


Announcing the newest item to my etsy shop: 1940s Movie Star Cards!

If you've been following along, you understand my fascination with Film Noir. Well, I was in Papa's cellar a few months back, and found a collection of autographed movie stars on cardboard that he must of collected - all in a plastic ziploc bag. I just loved the images and the style of the pictures, that I wanted to do something with them.

What I did first was create a book for my bookmaking class. I made photocopies of the cards and using a Blender Pen, I transferred the images onto paper for the insides of the book. It was a really cool, ghostly effect: and I titled the book "Stars and Ghosts".

Then I was at Michael's buying jewelry supplies and came across a kit of ivory blank cards and picked them up. Sure enough, the images look GREAT on these cards, and they feel really cool, but then again I'm a freak when it comes to that stuff.


So I've got them available for individual sale, 1 for $3.50 and I'm also going to do them in packs of 6 for $10.00. They've been a hit on the site and I'm going to bring them to my shows and the Sidewalk Sale in April, so we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Those look really cool. I'm always a fan of neat unique things.

    ReplyDelete

Share and Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin